Try These HIIT Training Workouts for Summer 2016!
With summer approaching, many people are heading to the gym to try and look their best. High-intensity interval training (HIIT) continues to be very popular in many gyms across the world. Trainers believe HIIT is a great way to burn calories and fat quicker than steady state training. HITT is a type of training style that alternates bursts of high-intensity exercise in short rest periods.. The brief recovery period allows you a short rest before the next workout. This type of training gives you that leaner and stronger build that you always wanted. Here are two great workouts to get started on for summer 2016.
- Get on a treadmill and set it to an incline position at 15 percent.
- Once you get this done, walk on the treadmill for about 2-3 minutes at a slow pace to get you heart rate going.
- Now, after your walk, you will be sprinting for 20 secs at 10 mph. This can be a challenge for beginners, but it will pay off in the long run.
- After you sprint for 20 seconds you will rest for 60 seconds.
- You will repeat these two steps for 10 sets. Make sure you stay hydrated during this exercise because you will be sweating a lot.
Are you trying to get that rock solid stomach for the summer? Well, you are in the right place. I prefer doing my ab workouts at the end of each weight training 3-4 times a week. This ab circuit is a great way to blast the fat away. You will be doing four ab workouts during this HIIT circuit so be prepared to feel sore after!
- First, you will be doing a plank for 30-45 seconds.
- Next, you will be doing leg raises for 30-45 seconds. Keep in mind these workouts have no breaks you go from one exercise to the other!
- Your third exercise consists of using the medicine ball. Lay down on the floor in a sit up position and take a medicine ball. You will hold the medicine ball over your chest and do a sit up for 30-45 seconds.
- The final workout is You will then end your circuit with mountain climbers for 60 seconds!
- After you finish your four workouts, take a 2 minute break and do the circuit again 5 times.
It’s not too late to get started. These two awesome HIIT workouts will sure get your body going in the right direction!